The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Department treats diseases of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels. OPD Services, Inpatient Services, Lungs & Surgery, and Office Activities are among its activities. The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Department performs 20-25 open heart/closed heart/thoracic surgeries per week. Patients are primarily referred by the Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine Departments, as well as the Emergency Department.
The department has state-of-the-art facilities for doing all types of adult and pediatric cardiac surgeries, and vascular and thoracic surgeries. There are three fully equipped modular operating theatres, one of them dedicated to hybrid / robotic surgeries. This is supported by a fully equipped Intensive Care Unit with central air/ oxygen supply, IABP, invasive monitors, 24 hours power backup, ventilators, TEE, Biochemical investigations, Cell Saver, ABG, etc.
There is an in-house haemodialysis facility as well as all investigative & sterilization facilities in the department premises.
Facilities of Cardiac Thoracic & Vascular Surgery
Open Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery By-pass Graft (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement, Mitral Valve Replacement, LA-MYXOMA excision, RSOV Repair.
- Combined procedures like CABG with Valve Replacement or CABG with Carotid Endarterectomy or CABG with Vascular Bypass Operations.
Closed Heart Surgery
- Coarctation Repair, Closed Mitral Commissurotomy.
- CABG (OFF/ON)
- Total Arterial Revascularisation
- AVR (Aortic Valve Replacement/ Repair)
- MVR (Mitral Valve Replacement/ Repair)
- VR (Double Valve Replacement)
- TOF Repair
- Lung Surgeries (Bullectomy, Lobectomy, Pneumonectomy)
- ASD Closure
- VSD Closure
- All Vascular Repair (Emergency/ Routine)