Laparoscopy is basically a surgical diagnostic procedure used to examine the organs inside the abdomen. Laparoscopy gives minimal invasion and scars after treatment.
Through laparoscopy, a laparoscopic surgeon is able to diagnose many conditions that affect the fertility of a woman like
3. Blocked Fallopian tubes
4. Build up of scar tissues/adhesions
5. Any other reproductive abnormality
6. Ovarian Cysts
If a woman is suffering from any one this problem, she is unable to conceive. By taking a look at the reproductive organs, a laparoscopic surgeon/ Doctor may be able to identify conditions that are preventing conception and are otherwise undetectable.
After the detection of the problem, a doctor determines the type of laparoscopy to be used for the treatment.
The various types of treatments are:
- The removal of the uterus is called a hysterectomy
- Removal of the ovaries, ovarian cysts, and fibroids
- Endometrial tissue ablation is a treatment for endometriosis.
- Adhesion removal
- Opening of blocked Tubes
Dr. Tarun Sapra, one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in Hisar at Sapra Multispecialty Hospital explains the various benefits of Laparoscopic treatment as compared to other surgical procedures that can help a doctor diagnose the cause of infertility
1. It is a less invasive method. Only one or two scars are given in laparoscopic surgery.
2. Patient has a lower risk of infection
3. Laparoscopic surgery gives smaller scars as compared to open surgeries.
4. Laparoscopy has the possibility of correcting the issue during surgery.
5. This treatment has an easier recovery.